Using a quote or two in your bullet journal can really help you to stay focused!
Bullet journal quotes are a great way to stay motivated, inspire you to reach your goal and above all, make you smile.
With the start of a new year, I like to find a few quotes or phrases for my bullet journal to motivate me for the upcoming months.
You can find quotes on just about anything. Whether it’s happiness, reaching for your goals or chasing your dreams – there will be something for you!
How to use them:
If you are thinking about adding in some bullet journal quotes then there are a few different ways you can incorporate them;
A quote page, either just as text or with a little artwork. Just see where your creativity takes you!
As part of your weekly spread. If you’re looking for some weekly spread ideas then have a look at my post ‘16 Of The Best Bullet Journal Weekly Spread Layouts’.
Include a quote as part of your monthly cover page. Why not make a bullet journal quotes page a regular thing? Find a different motivational topic each month and gather together your favourites!
Beside a tracker. If you’re trying to develop a new habit then why not add in a quote next to your tracker? It may just give you an extra nudge in the right direction.
Or just dotted around any free space in your bujo!
Here are a selection of my favourite bullet journal quotes:
1. It is not happy people who are grateful, it is grateful people who are happy.
2. Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light. Albus Dumbledore.
3. Some days you have to create your own sunshine.
4. Find joy in the ordinary. Max Lucado.
5. Let a smile be your umbrella on a rainy day. Lawrence Welk.
6. There is always a reason to smile. Find it.
7. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. Dr Seuss.
8. Smile more worry less.
9. If it doesn’t help you grow or glow let it go.
10. Plant dreams, pull weeds and grow a happy life.
11. Be patient with yourself, nothing in nature blooms all year.
12. The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, the second best time is now. Chinese Proverb.
13. No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow. Proverb.
14. It’s ok to grow slow. S.C Lourie.
On looking forward to the future
15. The best is yet to come.
16. Who you are tomorrow begins with what you do today. Tim Fargo.
17. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. Mark Twain.
18. A year from now you’ll wish you had started today. Karen Lamb.
19. Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles. It takes away today’s peace.
20. 12 new chapters, 365 chances.
21. A lot can happen in a year.
22. For last year’s words belong to last year’s language, and next year’s words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning. TS Eliot
23. There are far better things ahead than any we ever leave behind. CS Lewis
24. Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
25. I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. Douglas Adams.
26. A book is a dream that you hold in your hands. Neil Gaiman.
27. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. Natasha Beddingfield.
28. Breathe darling, this is just a chapter, it’s not your whole story. S.C Lourie.
29. You may not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can’t edit a blank page. Jodi Picoult.
30. You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. CS Lewis.
31. A smooth sea never made a skilful sailor.
32. I am no longer afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my own ship. Louisa May Alcott.
33. Stop trying to calm the storm. Calm yourself, the storm will pass.
34. We can’t direct the wind but we can adjust the sails. Thomas S. Monson.
35. Sometimes in the winds of change we find our true direction.
36. Life is like the ocean, it goes up and down. Vanessa Paradis.
On chasing your dreams
37. Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. Suzy Kassem.
38. If your dreams don’t scare you they are too small. Richard Branson.
39. The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams. Oprah Winfrey.
40. Goals are dreams we convert to plans and take action to fulfill. Zig Ziglar.
41. She turned her can’ts into cans and her dreams into plans.
42. Don’t call it a dream, call it a plan.
43. If you can dream it, you can do it. Walt Disney.
44. Stars can’t shine without darkness. D. H. Sidebottom.
45. Without the dark, we’d never see the stars. Stephenie Meyer.
46. Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground. Theodore Roosevelt.
47. Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you’ll land amongst the stars! Les Brown.
48. The moon is never the source of light, it’s always reflecting.
49. Start each day with a positive thought.
50. Let your light shine.
51. Where focus goes, energy flows. Tony Robbins.
52. Every positive thought propels you in the right direction.
53. Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. Martin Luther King, Jr.
54. Everyday is a new beginning. Take a deep breath and start
55. When some things go wrong, take a moment to be thankful for the many more things that are still going right. Annie Gottlier.
56. Don’t stress about the closed doors behind you. New doors are opening if you keep moving forward. Thelma Davis.
57. Try not to stress about the things you can’t control.
58. Every day may not be good but there is something good in every day. Alice Morse Earle.
59. Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. Marilyn Monroe.
60. A goal without a plan is just a wish. Antoine De Saint Exupéry.
61. People with goals succeed because they know where they’re going. Earl Nightingale.
62. Chase down your passion like it’s the last bus of the night. Terri Guillemets.
63. Strive for progress, not perfection.
64. Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Winston Churchill.
65. It always seems impossible until it’s done. Nelson Mandela.
66. Nothing will work unless you do. Maya Angelou.
67. Don’t wish for it. Work for it.
68. Turn I wish into I will.
69. Not knowing is a step towards new knowledge.
70. Your best teacher is your last mistake. Ralph Nader.
71. By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. Benjamin Franklin.
72. We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.
73. Live for today not tomorrow.
74. Life doesn’t have to be perfect to be wonderful. Annette Funicello.
75. To live would be an awfully big adventure. Peter Pan.
76. Life is like an ice cream, enjoy it before it melts.
77. A negative mind will never give you a positive life. Ziad K Abdelnour.
78. When life gets blurry, adjust your focus.
79. Be happy with what you have while working for what you want. Helen Keller.
80. Do not dwell in the past. Do not dream of the future. Concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha.
On believing in yourself
81. Believe you can and you’re halfway there. Theodore Roosevelt.
82. Just because my path is different, doesn’t mean I’m lost.
83. Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better. Maya Angelou.
84. If you never try, you’ll never know.
85. To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson.
86. Be the best version of you.
87. You have to know in your heart that no one can outshine you . If you don’t believe in yourself, why should anyone else?
88. Comparison is the thief of joy. Theodore Roosevelt.
89. The sign of intelligence is that you are constantly wondering. Sadghuru.
90. Being creative is not a hobby, it is a way of life.
91. Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. Neil Gaiman.
92. A diamond is a chunk of coal that did well under pressure. Henry Kissinger.
93. A cup of tea a day keeps my worries away.
94. The most important person to keep your promises for is yourself.
95. You can do anything but not everything. David Allen.
96. Don’t believe everything you think. Thoughts are just that – thoughts. Allan Lokos.
97. Perfect is the enemy of good. Voltaire.
98. Throw kindness around like confetti.
99. Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
100. We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses. Abraham Lincoln.
101. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
102. If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse. Jim Rohan.
103. The best view comes after the hardest climb.
104. You can’t build greatness on a weak foundation. Gordon Hinckley.
105. A fresh start isn’t a new place, it’s a new mindset.
106. You get what you work for, not what you wish for. Howard A Tullman.
107. Do what you love, love what you do.
108. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.
109. Sometimes there is no next-time, no time-outs, no second chances. Sometimes it’s now or never. Alan Bennett.
Hopefully you’ve found a quote or two that you can add to your bullet journal in the the coming months.
It’s always great to have that little boost of motivation from reading something as simple as a quote.
Plus, it’s a great excuse to out some new style fonts or test out some doodles too!
Keep checking back as I’ll be adding new bullet journal quotes to this post regularly.